The Move to iOS app is available for people to move data from Android to iPhone. It’s useful and completely free, but not perfect. Its transferring process is complex, it takes a very long time, it creates duplicate contacts, and sometimes it even cannot detect the new iPhone.
If you got a new iPhone 13 or iPhone 12, and you encountered problems while using Move to iOS to move photos, messages, and other data, this post may be helpful.
What Move to iOS Errors You May Meet?
Moving to iOS works based on the Wi-Fi network, so it requires a stable network situation. If the network is in a bad condition, you may take a long time to finish the transfer. According to the feedback from the users on Google Play, besides communicating and connecting errors, they also met problems including:
- Unable to migrate. Try again later.
- Stuck at “Moving items into place…“, Stuck at 40% or 50%.
- Stuck at “Move to iOS stuck on preparing“.
- Something came up, the application has canceled the request to choose a device
- Connection error, No device detected.
so are there some tips people can take to fix the Move to iOS errors? Here I made a collection of solutions from some authoritative sites and forums.
6 Proven Ways to Fix Move to iOS Not Working?
- Restart your mobile phones.
- Unselect the option for “Smart network switch” or something similar, such as Connections Optimizer. Or you can try to switch off your WiFi or switch between WiFi and mobile data on your android phone, which is said helpful to solve the issue of “Move to iOS could not communicate with device”.
- Turn your Android phone into Airplane Mode.
- Don’t use your devices while migrating data. This may get the transferring process interrupted by accident.
- Reset your Wi-Fi Network, or restart your router.
- Reset network settings on your iPhone Settings app.
What You Should Prepare Before Using Move to iOS?
You should check the items in the below list before you use Move to iOS app.
- The Move to iOS app requires Android 4.0 or higher.
- It cannot be used to transfer from iOS to Android.
- This app only works with transferring data from Android to a New or Reset iPhone.
- Transferring may take you several hours, depending on the size of data you are migrating and the Wi-Fi network condition.
Are There Any Alternatives Way If Move to iOS App Not Working?
Some third-party phone data transfer programs are capable of transferring data from the Android device to the iPhone or iPad.
For example, Wondershare MobileTrans is designed to transfer photos, videos, contacts, music, and more between two smartphones, and it supports most of the Android devices in the market. Therefore you can take it as one of the Move to iOS app alternatives.