Move to iOS app is available on Google Play store for Android users to move data from Android to iPhone for free. This app is useful but it is not perfect. The transferring process is not that simple. And sometimes this Move to iOS app may not work, not communicate with the device and not connect to the iPhone.
How to Fix Move to iOS App Not Working?
Move to iOS works based on the Wi-Fi network, so it requires a stable network situation. If the network is in a bad condition, you may take a long time to finish the transferring. According to the feedback from the users on Google Play, besides communicating, connecting error, they also met the problems like:
- Pop up Error “Unable to migrate. Try again later”.
- Stuck at “Moving items into place…“, Stuck at 40% or 50%.
- Stuck at “Move to iOS stuck on preparing“.
6 Proven Ways to Fix Move to iOS Errors?
- Restart your mobiles phones.
- Unselect the option for “Smart network switch” or something similar, such as Connections Optimizer. Or you can try to switch off your WiFi or switch between WiFi and mobile data on your android phone, which is said helpful to solve the issue of “Move to iOS could not communicate with device”.
- Turn your Android phone into Airplane Mode.
- Don’t use your devices while migrating data. This may get the transferring process interrupted by accident.
- Reset Wi-Fi Network, or restart your router.
- Reset network settings on your iPhone Settings app.
Before using Move to iOS, you should check compatibility and do preparation
You should check the items in the below list before you use Move to iOS app.
- Move to iOS app requires Android 4.0 or higher.
- It cannot be used to transfer from iOS to Android.
- This app only works with transferring data from Android to a New or Reset iPhone.
- Transferring may take you several hours, depends on the size of data you are migrating and the Wi-Fi network condition.