With your iPhone camera, you can take lots of high quality photos. Some of these photos you may like to share to the iPhone of your friends or family. And some of these photos you may like so much and decide to save to another iOS device for backup. No matter what reason you are willing to transfer iPhone photos, here you’ll find the solution.
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone using AirDrop
- Share iPhone Photos using iCloud Photo Sharing
- Sync Photos Between iPhones using iCloud Photo Library
How to AirDrop Photos from iPhone to iPhone
Airdrop would be the simplest tool to wirelessly transfer photos from one iPhone to another. It is built-in feature of iOS and applies to almost all the iPhone generations in the market, like iPhone 6s, 7, 8, X, XS and XR. With the technique improved in latest version of iOS 12, the transferring speed would be faster than before.
If you are new to iOS, you can follow me to get your photos transferred from iPhone to iPhone using AirDrop here.
To use Airdrop to transfer iPhone photos, you should
- Activate Airdrop on both of iPhones by turning on Bluetooth and connecting them to the the same Wi-Fi. Just go to Settings app or the Control Center to do the job.
- Make sure you’ve set your AirDrop being seen by another iPhone. You can got to Settings > General > AirDrop to make the iPhone discoverable by another iOS device.
- Go to Photos, tap the blue Select on the top right corner of the screen to check the photos that you are going to transfer.
- Tap Share button at the bottom-left corner. Here, you can tap to choose more photos and videos to share using AirDrop.
- Some contacts or only one contact will appear on the share page, and make sure tap the right one to airdrop your photos. If you are going to send lots of pictures and videos to another iPhone, it may prepare some minutes, and you have to wait.
And if you are willing to watch a video tutorial, just watch here on how to transfer photos between old iPhone to new iPhone XS.
from Jamie Wagner.
Share photos with iCloud Photo Sharing
If you want to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone in bulk, you can use iCloud Photo Sharing. It’s also one of built-in features that you can find by Settings > iCloud > Photos on your devices.
- How to use iCloud Photo Sharing:
- Turn on iCloud Photo Sharing.
- Select some photos on Photos app and tap Share button at the bottom-left corner
- Select iCloud Photo Sharing.
- Create album and add contacts you want to share.
Okay, now people that you shared have the access to this pictures, and they can view and download the pictures to their device, no matter a iPhone or Android phone.
Sync with iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream
If you have two iPhone devices with the same Apple ID and want to transfer photos from one iPhone to another, you can use iCloud Photo Library or My Photo Stream to make it with ease. They are built-in features on your iPhone, and 100% free.
To use these features, just tap into Settings > iCloud > Photos on both of your old and new devices, and turn on My Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Library.
Notice that you should login with the same Apple ID on two iPhones. And you’d better use a stable Wi-Fi connection.
Send several pictures with Message, Email, Instant Messenger
If you plan to transfer several pictures from your iPhone Photo app to your friend, workmate, or family member, Message, Email and some instant messengers like Skype should be your best choices to make it.
Just attach the pictures that you want to send to another iPhone, and send them by using Message app, Instant Messenger or Email.