For iPhone iPad users, battery drain fast could be really a big problem. And the new update also brings some other battery problems, such as long battery charging time, and battery overheating when charging. And recently after iOS update, people reported battery drain fast.
Finally updated my phone with iOS 10.2.1. Significant battery drain. Why?! Every iOS update means shorter battery life for the last 3+ yrs.
— Ellen Finneran (@ellenfinneran) January 27, 2017
Hey @tweetbot something is up with app. Huge battery drain when app is in background. iOS 10.2.1 iPhone 6s
— Tyler Travitz (@tylertravitz) February 5, 2017
3 Tips to Fix iPhone Battery Issues
There are some common ways to fix your battery problems. And you can have a try by following the list below.
- Back your device with iTunes on the computer and then restore your device with the iTunes backup.
- Downgrade to previous iOS software. You should download an available iOS firmware for your device firstly and use iTunes to downgrade iOS software. Some people said this method works when he faces the battery issue after updating to iOS 12
- Report this issue to Apple support and wait for bug fixed in the next software update.
- Check your iPhone battery health status and decide whether to get the battery replaced.
How to Save Your iPhone Battery Life
We have to admit that there are more and more features going to eating your battery life in upcoming iOS 10 updates. If you don’t know how to disable these features and you are using an old and outdated iOS device, the thing may get worse.
Firstly, go to Settings > Battery to check which apps use your battery. You can find apps that are eating your battery aggressively and secretly. Just do something to stop this happen.
Check signal strength. If you have a weak and bad signal, the battery will drain fast.
Using Settings to save battery life, adjust some items to save battery life on your device.
- Disable some location tracking. Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Turn off App Notification. Settings > Notifications.
- Set your auto-lock. Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Set auto brightness. Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Disable raise to wake. on iPhone SE/6S/7, Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Stop push data from server to device when possible on Email. Settings > Mail > Fetch New Data.
- Turn off AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS. Settings > iTunes & App Stores.
- Turn off Background App Refresh. Settings > General.
- Turn on Low Power Mode. Settings > Battery.
- Use Reduce Motion. Settings > General > Accessibility.