When checking your Mac storage usage, you may found that you dropped into a MacOS Sierra update issue: the Storage keep calculating there and has no response. ShimonLeb recently reported this issue and asked for help about this Mac problem.
This issue came after updating Mac computer to new macOS Sierra beta, and many users replied saying that they also meet the similar problems, and sometimes it couldn’t be solved even they updated to Version 10.12.1 and 10.12.2.
Potential Solutions to Fix “Calculating” Issue on macOS Sierra
- Wait and Wait. Some users said it could be fixed automatically after some hours or days. It may be the compatibility of the new Mac Operating System, and it need more time for it to calculate and analyze data on your Mac hardware.
- Remove some large files you don’t use. A few users said the storage stopped calculating after deleting Garage Band app: /Applications/
- Do a Spotlight reindex.
- Disable iCloud Drive.
- Delete an iTunes Extras file under the movies tab in iTunes
- Update to upcoming Version 10.12.3.
- Restore Mac and set it as a new Mac. (Not a good way because it will erase your device and lose everything)